30 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
This role sits in the Fundraising team within the Lesvos Solidarity (LeSol) team. The fundraising teams’ role is to engage, educate and publicise the work of LeSol to raise vital funds for our work. The Fundraiser works with the fundraising team, board members and the team by helping with communicating about our work to grant making organisations.
The Fundraiser will work with the Fundraising team and relevant team members to produce a prospect list within the LeSol fundraising framework, to complete grant submission documentation, produce funding reports as well as all the necessary documentation acknowledge funds received.
- To help enrich and expand the current prospect list of grant giving organisations, foundations and private donors
- To help completion of grant submission documentation
- To help produce funding reports
- To help with all necessary documentation to acknowledge funds received
Working with the Fundraising Team you will enable the LeSol team to determine what money it is likely to be raised during the year (at least 6 months in advance).
Doing this will enable the board to decide what activities we can pursue, contributions we can make, team members we can hire and how much we will have to run the administrative operations of LeSol.
Output would be:
to project monthly/ quarterly/ annual revenues, including the timing of donations and grants to help LeSol manage its cash flow.
Once the revenue goals are determined the Fundraiser must take all the necessary steps to achieve them. This means careful planning of the fundraising team’s activities, specifically building a prospect list of grant making organisations.
Output could include:
Assign responsibilities to the Fundraiser within range of the Job Purpose and putting in place (short/ medium term) milestones for particular tasks.
Output could be:
✓ Creating and maintaining a digitalised prospect database of current, potential and past grant giving organisations
✓ Effective and accurate administration and processing of all relevant information
✓ Work closely with the finance team to ensure all financial data is accurate
✓ Provide regular updates to the Fundraising team and team
This requires creating and maintaining a database of current, potential and past grant making organisations
Outputs could include:
✓ Close communication (F2F, email, phone, skype etc) with existing and potential donors as agreed by the team
✓ Create a prospect database
✓ Manage information and record the profile and fundraising capabilities of the grant giving organisations on the database
✓ Write and send acknowledgement and thank you letters
✓ Creation and digitalisation of a partnership form
✓ Identify and build relationships with potential donors
✓ Ensure (major) contributors are kept informed of progress and milestones through
✓ Maintain an understanding of LeSol’s programmes (Pikpa camp, Mosaik, Asklipios, Safe Passage Bags and Humade workshop), campaigns and cause, to be able to talk and write convincingly to potential supporters about the organisation’s work (in Greek and in English). This includes talking with relevant team members, keeping up to date with projects and news that affects the team, participating in training and undertaking individual research, etc.
Source all the needed material for donor communication. Compile or develop materials to submit to granting giving organizations using mainly the gmail online drive and other useful and relevant programs.
Outputs could be:
✓ Support the Fundraising Coordinator with proposal writing, grant applications and reporting
✓ Collect and create approved copy about LeSol as developments occur
✓ Collect and store photos
✓ Collect and store case stories
✓ Work with the fundraising team to update and monitor fundraising copy which appears on LeSol online channels as well as on third party channels.
✓ Be responsible for achieving personal daily/ weekly targets, in accordance with agreed goals
✓ Work cooperatively with and support of the board, fundraising team and other team members
✓ Represent LeSol in the public sphere in a positive and inspiring manner
✓ Take responsibility for upholding brand reputation
✓ Adhere to fundraising regulations and LeSol’s at all times
✓ Assist with other fundraising activities as needed
✓ Actively participate in relevant team-building activities, training or meetings
✓ Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the Fundraising team that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
- At least 1-3 years proven success in the field fundraising
- Administrative experience, including experience of working against a set budget, reporting and maintaining precise records
- Computer proficient, including experience with working with Gmail, Google Drive as well as all Microsoft Office programs particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as other project management tools
- Knowledge of fundraising policies
- Experience in writing proposals (in Greek and English) and grant writing
- An understanding of the sector, a commitment to the organization, the camp and, where relevant, empathy with refugees are also very important
- Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
- Ability to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Creativity and the ability to develop new ways to inspire people about LeSol’s work
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in Greek and in English are essential (including some public speaking)
- Work habits characterized by solidarity, maturity, professionalism and good judgment with a commitment to Lesvos Solidarity’ mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- A flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Persuasive, highly motivated
- Strong organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ambitious, results orientated
- Reliable and adaptable